Friday, February 5, 2010

Wall Art


I hate white walls. Actually, hate might be an overstatement. But white walls definitely give me the decorating itch and we have had a giant bare spot in our house for a few months now. Solution: Wall Art. While Matt and I were planning our wedding, it seemed like we were hemorrhaging money left and right. So we made the decision to not order a wedding album (wedding albums = $2000. Really?!) Instead, we printed out some of our favorite pics at Wal-Mart and bought some cheap frames at IKEA. As a gift on our wedding night, Matt gave me a beautiful frame that said “You’re My Everything” (our wedding song – aww!), so we used that as our center point for the photo collage.



Once all of the photos were in their frames, we started the tedious task of measuring, nailing and hanging. Matt’s precision combined with my hammering skills (just until Matt’s hand heals – then NO MORE MANUAL LABOR FOR ME!) combined to create some nice décor. Now instead of a big, white wall, we have a nice little photo homage to ourselves. Conceited? Maybe. But it’s our house so I say it’s ok.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great! Love the symmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job of hammering. I'm not looking forward to doing the manual labor part again. I was getting accustomed to the assistant role. ;)

    ReplyDelete