Thursday, February 4, 2010

My work is like a reality TV show...

Survivor Palau - The Complete SeasonThe Weakest LinkBest of the Bachelor The Apprentice - The Complete First Season

Except the best thing I can win is my current job.   They just did another round of layoffs, or as they like to call it, a "Reduction in Force."  After they do this RIF they like to hold a meeting for whomever is left and tell us our jobs are safe, for now.  I understand that layoffs happen and there is no good way to go about it, but maybe they could make it more fun by handing out roses to the employees that get to keep their jobs or doing a cool torch ceremony.  At least they could come up with a cool catch phrase for the people they let go.  That's all I would ask for if I happen to be one of the unfortunate few in the next RIF.  Well that and maybe a nice severance package would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. I hope someday you're a manager and you do that. I'd work for you if that was the case!

    ReplyDelete