Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Question

My drive home from work usually lasts around an hour, so I have plenty of time to catch up on phone calls or just listen to music. The other day, I was listening to a CD that my friend Kristina made for our team at work, where everyone picked 3 of their favorite songs for the mix. My favorite song is called "The Question" by The Old 97s.

Not many people know that Matt is pretty musically talented, and he learned to play this particular song on his guitar without me knowing. On December 22nd, a normal Tuesday, Matt secretly stayed home from work to get ready for what turned out to be a perfect proposal. He strung 20 strands of lights around our back yard, set up multiple Christmas trees, and had our picnic table set with roses, champagne and candles. When I got home and immediately realized what was going on, Matt asked me if he could sing me a song. It was the sweetest song I had ever heard,


"Someday somebody's gonna ask you
a question that you should say yes to.
Once in your life
Baby, tonight I've got a question for you"

Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was more amazing than any proposal I could have ever come up with. Where do these boys get these excellent ideas?! Anyways, I was listening to "my" song and thinking of Matt and what an amazing husband he is. Just a little Valentine's sap for everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment