Saturday, February 13, 2010

How To - Feature your collection online

 
A good friend of mine has started a website where collectors can post pictures of their collections online.  The site has obvious appeal in that collectors can show off their collection to hundreds or thousands of fellow collectors online that they would not be able to otherwise.  Another advantage he pointed out is that having your collection featured online lets you also enjoy your collection without having to always have it on display at your house.  The movie ‘The Forty Year Old Virgin’ comes to mind, with his action figures on display all over his apartment.  It’s kind of a turn off if you want to court someone that doesn’t share your interest in collecting Transformers, baseball cards, Pez dispensers, or whatever it is.

    

I decided that I would participate in this phenomenon and put up my collection.  I had kept some cherished toys from my childhood called Dinoriders.  For years and years they have been sitting in a box, neglected, and now it’s time to show them the light of day and display them proudly on the internet. 

There was not much to this process really.  I just had to take them out of the box, pose them for the pictures, and snap a few glamour shots of the little guys.  I actually had some fun playing with these toys from my childhood again.   
   
Superstar Collector made posting and organizing the collection pretty easy.  I did have to do a little internet research to remind myself of all the names and which characters went with each dinosaur.  And now my fantastic Dino-Rider Collection is proudly on display for everyone on the internet to see.  So I guess it’s back in the box for the dinos.  See you guys in another couple years.   

No comments:

Post a Comment