Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Computer

iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme 935i Black Desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium) Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ 22" 3D Gaming LCD Monito
Finally, after about 6 years of hard work it's time to retire my old PC.  6 years is ancient for a computer but he has performed admirably.  A friend of mine, Richard Fan, helped create him back when we were attending the University of Arizona.  We picked out some state of the art components (at the time), which is probably why it's stayed relevant for so long.  I did have to replace his power supply a few years back and I've upgraded his memory on several occasions.  I think he started off around 256MB and has made it all the way up to 1GB.  Now, an intermittent CD drive and some frustrating USB ports later I'm saying farewell.  

I ordered my new computer earlier today and it's very similar to the one linked above.  And the monitor is exactly the same but I did order it off eBay because I'm always trying to save money.  I am very excited for it to arrive and start playing with it.  There are so many games that have come out over the past few years that are way beyond my current computer's ability.  Andy will tell you my computer even struggles a little trying to play Starcraft online.  Plus, with the Samsung monitor and some cool nVidia software/hardware I'm going to try playing games & movies in 3D.  Hopefully it's as awesome as the promo videos make it seem. 

UPDATE (2/26/2010):  Unfortunately I had to return this computer because it was a piece of crap.  It may not have been that bad but I wasn't have good luck with it.  After trying to troubleshoot it for a couple days it was still freezing randomly so it is on it's way back to the store I bought it from.   I ordered a new computer on Tuesday which should get here soon.  Hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.  It's an Asus like the one in the picture but has better stuff inside than the one it links to. 
Asus Essentio CG5270-BP003 Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz 8GB 750GB DVD±RW DL Vista Home Premium w/HDMI

No comments:

Post a Comment