Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

I don't think I've ever pulled off a legitimately good April Fool's Day prank. Until today. With some inspiration from my hilarious co-workers, I set of to try fooling a few friends.

Prank #1 (The most involved): My friend Kristina and I had plotted this prank out a while back and this seemed like the perfect time to implement it. I got our co-worker Greg to "help me prank Kristina" by moving her car away from her parking space at work. We told the others on our team about the joke, and everyone was excited to see the look on her face when she thought her car had been stolen. So at lunch time, I sneak her keys out of her purse and give them to Greg, who then proceeds to move her car out of sight. 10 minutes later, while they're both eating lunch in the break room, I sneak out and move the car even FURTHER so it's no longer where Greg left it.

Then it was a waiting game - we wanted everyone to enjoy this twisted fun. Kristina was a stellar actress, walking out to the parking lot and pretending to be startled that her car was missing, then turning around to see us hiding and laughing. After some giggles, I instruct Greg to go show her where the car is as everyone else returns to work as usual. Only the car isn't where he left it. They come upstairs and inform our boss, and everyone seems to think Greg knows exactly where the car is and he is the one playing a trick. After over 30 minutes of "searching," everyone in the office is pretty fired up thinking the car is gone-so. We suggest filing a police report and our boss mafia-style suggests that we try to cover up the prank that led to the car's demise. Classic. So we make one last sweep through the parking lots, "find" the car, and then finally reveal the whole shenanigan to our co-workers. Everyone loved it and we got major kudos for our stealthy double-agent work. Pamela + Kristina = new Bonnie + Clyde.

Prank #2 (stolen from my creative co-worker Eric): Put up an ad on Craigslist in the "Free" section saying I had a ton of coffee beans that I bought in bulk and didn't like the flavor of. People!! You would be amazed at how many responses free coffee can get! Over 30 in the one hour it was online, that's how many. I confessed to my girlfriend Jody (the victim) and she thought it was pretty funny. The kindergartners she teaches thought it was hysterical. I owe her a dinner and I'll have to watch my back next year, but it was worth it!

Prank #3 (not received so well): Same as above, only the ad was for a $99 Wii and some other items "I" was selling of my cheating boyfriend's. Only trouble is, this girl keeps her phone off all day, so the ad wasn't pulled in an hour - it was up for about 5 hours! Can you guess how many people call about ex-boyfriend's stuff in 5 hours? If you guessed over 76, you would be correct. The kicker is the ballsy dude that asked her on a date in conjunction with wanting to buy the Wii!! Hilarious, no? She didn't think so... still waiting on forgiveness for that one... In all seriousness though, I wouldn't have played the prank on her if I thought she would be mad so I'm sorry and I'll know in the future not to play any more tricks on her.

So a day well-spent honing my prankster skills and having a few laughs. Happy April Fool's Day, all!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the guy who texted about the wii and for a date. Classic!

    ReplyDelete