Sunday, April 11, 2010

Little town of Lompoc

Today I'm heading back out to California for work. I'll be out there for a couple weeks while we try to launch our rocket. We work at Vandenberg Air Force Base and we stay in a town outside of the base called Lompoc. I'm not surprised when I tell people where I'm going and they have never heard of it before. Lompoc is very small and you would only know of it if you've been through that area. For my friends in Arizona I thought I would put together a list of cities for comparison. Google page results may not be the most accurate way to judge a city, but it does give some sort of quantitative value to how big or interesting a place is.



If you've ever been to any of these cities in Arizona, or more likely, driven through them on the way to someplace else, you can get a feeling for what Lompoc is like. I guess the good news/bad news is that we are at work for most of the day and don't have to spend much time in Lompoc itself. Wish me luck for our launch and hopefully I wont get too bored while I'm out there.

1 comment:

  1. Your charts were confusing at first because the table's units weren't labeled but I figured it out. You make these yourself? As for small cities, they are what you make of them. :)

    ReplyDelete