Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pamela wanted shelves...

So I made some shelves.


As is the case with most of our house projects, Pamela will have an idea for something and then I make it a reality. Recently Pamela decided that we need some shelves in our guestroom. When we don’t have guests over the room is unofficially Jordan’s room. So our nice bed sheets and pillows need to be put away so they don’t get covered in Jordan fur. We had just been shoving them in the closet and hoping for the best but there is definitely room for improvement.

Last week I stopped by Home Depot to pick up the supplies and this week I put in the shelves. My design for these shelves was simple. I put some thin wood pieces on the 3 closet sides for shelf support. Then the actual shelf pieces went in. I got this pre-finished composite wood piece that saved me some work. It was cheap and all I had to do was cut it to the right size. Unfortunately the closet was anything but square so that made things a little bit more difficult but not bad. Then a little bit of painting and finishing touches and I’m done. And just like that Pamela has her built in shelves, perfect for storing all of those guest bedroom extras.

Here is the before picture and a picture of just the shelf support pieces.

1 comment:

  1. You make all of my wildest dreams come true :) Thank you for the beautiful shelves, my love!

    ReplyDelete