Monday, May 9, 2011

It’s Finally Time!!

After 3 years of living in this house, we are finally getting around to updating the Guest Bathroom. And I, for one, could not be giddier!! When we first moved into the house, we had a lot of more urgent projects that required our attention. Like fixing the mint green/pale pink/nasty yellow kitchen. Or updating our Master Bath, since that’s the one we use and therefore the most important. Literally every other room in our house has gotten a face lift or at least some heavy makeup. And now it’s finally Bathy’s turn.

We have the vanity (ordered off of eBay) waiting in the living room.
We have the tile picked out (Lowe’s always comes through for us on tile).
We know what color we are going to paint (and it won’t be brown!! I’m getting braver!)

Matt just finished his second round of P90X (and is looking mighty fine if I do say so myself!) and has decided to take a break for the duration of the remodel. With my help and the aid of some of our friends, we are hoping this project won’t take longer than 2 months. We’ll see… the Master Bath took us almost 7 months, but it was a CRAZY time for us. Right after that remodel started, Matt started traveling to CA for work for weeks at a time, we got engaged so I went into wedding planner mode, and life got generally hectic. Things are currently calm (knock on wood). Plus, now we have one bathroom under our belt, and that knowledge will help us to complete this guy faster.

Demo (my favorite!) begins tonight and I’ll post updates as I can. Send us some good remodel vibes!

1 comment:

  1. "Things are currently calm." I'm pretty sure Matt for one will be in for a busy week! Give me back my gaming buddy! :'( Hehe, J/K! Good luck on the bathroom remodeling! Matt always does a great job.

    ReplyDelete