Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day & Toy Story!

Today was Father's Day, so Jordan and I packed up and drove the 45 minutes to Peoria to go visit my parents. My dad is a pretty hard guy to shop for because:

1) He loves electronics and gadgets that I know nothing about
2) He is one of those guys that just goes out and buys whatever he wants or needs as he needs it. No waiting for special holidays. Guess that's where I get it from.



But apparently within the past few years, someone promised my dad new shoes and did not deliver on it. So every holiday he asks for sneakers, saying "someone owes me shoes!" And nobody ever gets them for him. So today when I arrived, I told him to hop in the car and we would go to the shoe store right away. It was a buy one get one half off sale, so he picked out 2 cool new pairs of Newbalance sneakers, one white and one black for a little variety. Then he waited patiently while I picked out some black slingback pumps and cute flats for myself. I guess that's what you have to put up with when you have 4 daughters! :)





Then, we all went to Red Robin for a late lunch which was tasty. I seriously can't get enough of their fries. The seasoning they put on those things should be a controlled substance it's so addictive! Then we headed over to see what I believe is the movie of the year - Toy Story 3. It was AWESOME! It is so weird to think that all of the kids who will be obsessed with this movie weren't even alive when the first 2 films came out. I loved the first two, and every other film that Disney/Pixar has made as well. I am a Disney junkie. This movie had just the right mix of fun, adventure, and comedy to keep everyone entertained. And, of course, I bawled like a baby at the touching parts.





Side note here: it is my theory that the lack of drama in my life makes me a hot mess when it comes to emotional situations on TV or in the movies. When I was a teenager, everything was drama, drama, drama with boys, friends, my family, everything. So I got in a good sob at least once a week. Today, though, I am married to an awesome man, I have great girlfriends in my life, and my family turned out to be pretty cool. And it helps that I don't have any more of those psycho teenage hormones. So zero tears. But my body apparently wants the tears. So it turns them on when we see animated characters in peril or a touching commercial with a baby and a father. Weird. But I'll take it versus having real things to cry about any day!





After the movie, Jordan and I headed back to our house to Skype with Matt for a couple hours before bed. Jordan revealed her Father's Day gift to Matt in a cute little Power Point she made for him (yep, I'm that lady who thinks it's cute to personify her dog and act like she's a child - but only when other people aren't looking). This gives us a chance to buy stuff we want without feeling guilty. Plus, Jordan gets birthday gifts so fair is fair. We pre-ordered a fun game that Matt has been excited about. So he won't get it until July but by then he should be home from travel and have more time to play with it. He is such a good little dog daddy to Jordan that he deserves it!





Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there (of puppies and humans)!

3 comments:

  1. The two characteristics about your Dad liking gadgets and buying things when he wants them sounds exactly like me! :) And you didn't mention to everyone that the game you got for Matt was SC2!!! Haha, great Father's Day work Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, you and Jordan are the best. I am so excited to come home and play SC2.

    ReplyDelete