Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Mint, Grey & Blue Baby Girl Nursery

Decorating nurseries for our sweet babies was definitely one of my favorite house projects.  It's fun to create such a relaxed, cute space for the little ones to sleep (or scream) in.  For Audrey's room, I struggled with color options since I wanted to avoid pinks and purples.  Nothing against those colors at all - in fact, I love them!  But I knew she would get enough pink and purple stuff from our friends and family, so I wanted to give her some different colors in her world.  I bought a cute outfit at Carter's that inspired my paint choices - Mint Green, Silvery Grey, and Royal Blue.

First up, Matt painted the room in a lovely shade of grey with silver/blue undertones.  Then he added a 1.5' white stripe of paint around the whole room (tough to do with so many angles in her bedroom!)  And then because he hadn't taped enough yet, I had him put a 1' mint stripe within the white stripe so the green would pop off the grey.

We loved Ryan's furniture and didn't feel like doing a crib search all over again, so we ended up getting the same bed/dresser/changing table/toybox/bookshelf combo off Amazon, but in white this time.  I had to find white curtains, which was WAY harder than it should be!  But everything I bought seemed to have a weird tinge of another color in it, it was hard to find a pure white that was not sheer.  I think we went through 4 or 5 sets of curtains before I found some that worked in the room.

Next came decorative touches: her name in wooden letters with blue flowers hot glued onto them.  White frames from IKEA with decorative paper backing and card stock numbers cut out with my Cricut tool.  Some fun flowers, a great mint coffee table box from Target that is doubling as a headband holder.  And of course my throw pillow since no room in my house is complete without at least one.  Then my very talented sister, Kim painted her a blue flower on a canvas to add a final, personal touch to the room.

I love this room and it is such a joy to spend time with Audrey in there.  And I'll look forward to the day when she can voice her opinions and make the room truly her own!





No comments:

Post a Comment