Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bathroom Shelves

If you've seen my post about the laundry room then you may recognize the pattern on the shelves. Yes, it’s the same as the counter top, which was originally part of Pamela’s sister’s IKEA bed frame. If anyone was unaware, I love IKEA. I love IKEA furniture and I love IKEA hacking. Every time we go to IKEA I make Pamela stop with me in the “as is” section to see if there are any good pieces that can be salvaged or pieces that I can re-purpose. So when Kim was going to get rid of her broken bed frame in a move, I quickly snatched up all the pieces I could. I also have her old dresser in our garage. It’s functioning now as storage for my spare cables, sprinkler repair parts, and other various garage goodies. The dresser may be a little wobbly and missing some trim but it’s 100 times better than the cardboard boxes these items were living in before.

Before

After

These shelves were super easy to put up but make the little toilet room look like a fancy spa. Obviously Pamela was in charge of the cute decorations that adorn the shelves. If you recognized the white vase, pot, and fake grass you are an IKEA junkie like us. I simply cut the bed frame side rails to the right length and supported them with a few pieces strategically attached to the wall. I’m sure they’re not the most sturdy shelves ever but they will work just fine for holding decorations.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where this bathroom is. Must be in the love-making room.

    ReplyDelete