Thursday, February 3, 2011

We Can Do It In The Library on Top of the Books

But since we don't have membership at a library yet, we do it at home. Read, that is. But I like to throw in rap lyrics every once in a while so people know how gangsta I am...



One of the things on my "30 Before 30" list is to read a lot of good books. I didn't specify how many and I didn't even try to qualify what constitutes a "good" book. Truth is, I like them all. From mysteries to comedies to educational books, I have always enjoyed reading. But for four years of school, my reading list consisted solely of textbooks (which I read front to cover - oh yes I did! I also loved school... nerd alert). So I want to get back into reading for pleasure, which my friends are making nice and easy for me!




The lovely Miss Jody loaned me Water For Elephants and The Middle Place, and recently bought me Firefly Lane for Christmas. I've read 2 of 3 so far and loved them both. And then TODAY, my WBF (Work Best Friend) gave me SIX new books to enjoy! A few fun ones and a few smart ones (including Freakonomics, which I have been meaning to read for years!) I am so excited to get started on them - reading is so relaxing for me and it makes me feel more productive than just watching TV.



Matt is not as crazy about reading as I am, but I like to give him verbal book reports after I'm done reading something. I think he enjoys it :)

So this post is just to say Thank You! to the pretty ladies helping me to achieve my reading goals this year! I can't wait to get started - let's do this!!!


3 comments: