Monday, January 31, 2011

P90X Results Blog

I did it.  I finished the first 90 days of the P90X workout routine.  That makes me an official graduate.  I didn't actually complete it in 90 days, it was more like 110 but I'm going to count it anyway.  There was a week around Thanksgiving where I was sick and couldn't work out, plus a couple trips (NY & California a couple times) where I couldn't exercise.  Other than that, I stuck to the workout schedule and did something everyday.

I am super excited about my results so far.  I haven't gone through a complete transformation like someone on The Biggest Loser, but I definitely notice a difference.  Before I started I felt like I was in some of the worst shape I've been in.  A combination of being lazy, traveling a lot for work, and maybe just getting older had dragged me down.  I'm happy to have come back from that in a few short months but I need to be strong and stick with this exercise regimen so I don't regress again.

I don't have too many quantifiable results besides the pictures, but I do know that I am down about 15 pounds since I started.  This is based on weight measurements taken at the allergist's office around the time I started and a few weeks ago.  I didn't have a scale when I started so it's hard to determine just how much weight I've lost.  I have shed at least an inch around my waist and probably more like 2 inches.  I'm using a smaller notch on my belts and my jeans fit more loosely.  And finally, I haven't had to take my migraine headache medicine in over a month.  That was a big reason for me to take on such an intense workout schedule, and will be a big driver for me to keep it up in the future.

Here are my before and after pictures.  Hopefully you can tell, but the ones on the left are the ones of me before starting and the ones on the right are me after the first 90 days.  Looking back, I'm glad I took the pictures.  It's hard to tell on a day-to-day basis by looking at yourself in the mirror, but when I look at the pictures side by side I can tell a difference from when I started.  Maybe sometime after the 180 or 270 day mark I can put the pictures side by side and see a huge difference like they do in the infomercials and on the website.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive! Maybe I should get out of PAndyX and move on to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I think whatever you are doing is working. When I was in Tucson it worked for me. But now that I can't work out with you anymore, I have Tony to tell me what to do.

    ReplyDelete