Thursday, June 17, 2010

Launch Beard

It was brought to my attention a couple of weeks ago that the engineers here at Orbital like to grow beards when they are traveling for a launch campaign.  It's sort of like when athletes grow beards when their teams make it to the playoffs, especially in hockey.  I think it's mostly a superstitious thing and the beards are supposed to be good luck.  I'm not sure about all that, and Pamela prefers me without a beard so I've abstained from growing one.  But now that I'm staying out here until we launch and Pamela doesn't come to visit for two weeks, I thought I would try growing a launch beard.  I haven't tried growing facial hair for a while so this should be fun.  It's just the first day today so all I've got is some minor stubble but I'll post again next week with my progress.  Hopefully this will bring good luck to the rocket too.

1 comment: