Monday, November 1, 2010

Jack-o-lanterns

Before moving in with Pamela I had pretty much given up on carving pumpkins or decorating for Halloween.  I remember doing them with my family growing up, but after moving out there was no one to initiate the festivities.  If anyone was unaware, Pamela is Mrs. Festive.  So I guess that makes me Mr. Festive.  For the past couple years we have decorated our house for Halloween which included carving pumpkins.  I'm not talking about cutting out a quick jagged face so we have something to put outside of our house.  If I'm going to carve a pumpkin, I'm going to put some effort into it.  Plus, if I'm going to spend $5 on food that I'm not going to eat, I want to at least have some fun with it.  My dremel has become my favorite pumpkin carving tool and has helped me make some interesting designs.  Below is the pumpkin we made this year and also our Jack-o-lanterns from '09 and '08.

1 comment: