Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vacations Like Whoa

It has been a crazy last couple of weeks of travel here at our house. Matt was in Lompoc for a good solid month, and I made it out to visit him between my work trips. The trips were a lot of fun and I got to do and see a lot of great things over the course of 2 weeks. Here's the highlight reel:

Trip 1: Fiscal Year End Celebration in Chicago!

I had never been to Chicago before and I liken trips with General Mills to trips with Mom & Dad: you stay cooler places and do better things because they are older and have more money than you do :) I feel so lucky to work for a company that rewards strong performance and treats its employees well. And GMI wins too, since their kindness just makes me want to work harder for them! So we arrived at our hotel Monday morning - Trump Towers! It was gorgeous - a view of the lake from our window and detailed rooms like no other. There was even a TV built in to our bathroom mirror! We had some time for work and some time for play while we were out here. This included a rooftop viewing of the Cubs game Monday night, a trip to the spa for an awesome mani/pedi on Tuesday, and some fun community service Wednesday before we had to head back home.

Gino's famous Pizza - very cool decor! We even wrote our names on the wall here!









Enjoying the game with my favorite work ladies!




Awesome views!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I've actually never been to Chicago before. :( I need to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chicago too! Looks like you had TONS of fun. What a great company to work for. I know I love the samples!!

    ReplyDelete