Monday, May 3, 2010

Low Strung

About a month ago Pamela and I went to a wedding for a friend of mine down in Tucson.  While everyone was waiting before the wedding they were playing some nice calm instrumental background music.  I didn't notice at first but the songs they were playing were covers of popular rock songs.  "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey was our favorite.  Since then my good friend Jon found the artist/album that the songs came from.  I guess it's a group of cello players that met while playing in a college orchestra and decided to put out an album.  As far as I know this is the only album they have but it's really well done.  It's very unique and fun to listen to the classic songs played only on the cello.  If you like it, pass the word along and maybe we can generate enough internet buzz to pressure them into making another album.

Low Strung

No comments:

Post a Comment